Monday 7 April 2008

Hujan batu di negara orang?

There is 1 phrase in Malay,

"Hujan emas di negara orang,
hujan batu di negara sendiri.. lebih baik di negara sendiri.."

Means that.. although everything is great in other country, you will always feel that your own country is much-much better than that. This phrase is for you to treasure your origin, no matter where you are. (correct me if I'm wrong)

"hujan batu" in that phrase means "hail showers".

"batu" in malay means rock/stone. I used to imagine hail showers is where you can see stone falling down from skies and obviously it will hurt you. You will die from serious injury during "hujan batu". hahahhaa.. Actually, Hail is a form of precipitation which consists of balls or irregular lumps of ice - wikipedia. Hail can be as big as softball and destroy your car.



Luckily hail in Norwich is not that bad. It's just as big as salt and melt when it touches any surfaces. Just like normal rain, but in a form of small little ice. Here is the pictures..




I have my own version of hail showers, taken last Sunday (6 April 2008).


5 stalker (s):

  • afs

    hujan batu ke hujan emas ke,saya suka hujan air je...hehe
    -cik aan

  • tujuhhariseminggu

    tapi kalau ujan batu salji..
    saper tak mo...
    waaa...
    nak ikut g sana...!!!!!

  • Joy

    Thanks for posting my photo here! :D

    And yes, I understand what you mean about your own country always being better. I love the Philippines and I can't wait to be back home again - which is in May. But I do wish to be back there for good!

    Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your comments. Have a great week ahead!


    joy
    A Pinay In England
    Your Love Coach
    I, Woman

  • pinky angel

    cik a'an
    hujan air jugak paling best..hehe..

    7hariseminggu
    mehla..mehla..hehe
    ally kan ni? i miss yewww...

    joy
    i really love all ur photos..!!

    Philippines? Ppl always call me 'kabayan' anywhere I go..Dubai, UK..& in Malaysia also.. I guess Malay & kabayan doesn't differ much right?

  • Wuhuu Mommy

    u have been tagged!

Related Posts with Thumbnails